November 12 & 13, 2015, the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will bring its Mediation and Arbitration Workshop to California for the first time.
Given the mutual interest in IP and dispute resolution, the WIPO Center is pleased to provide a 50% discount on the event registration fee to SDIPLA members, while space remains.
Conducted by eminent mediators and arbitrators with extensive U.S. and international experience, the Workshop is designed for lawyers, patent and trademark attorneys, and others wishing to familiarize themselves with the mediation and arbitration processes, with a focus on IP issues, and to receive training as mediators or arbitrators, or party representatives.
The Program will be devoted to the following subjects:
- Mediation: Preparing and Commencing
- Selection and Appointment of the Mediator
- Preparatory Organization of the Mediation
- The Conduct of the Mediation Meeting and the Role of the Different Actors
- Concluding the Mediation
- Mediation for Disputes Before IP Offices
- Intellectual Property Arbitration
- Selection and Appointment of the Tribunal and Preparatory Organization
- The Conduct of the Arbitration Proceedings
- Interim and Emergency Relief
- Drafting Effective ADR Clauses and Submission Agreements for IP Disputes
- Recent Court Cases/Regulatory Decisions involving SEPs
- Current Developments at Standard Setting Bodies; ABA ASAP Group Recommendations
- WIPO Model FRAND Mediation and Arbitration Submission Agreements
All participants who complete the program will be awarded a certificate of participation. The WIPO Center will be pleased to assist participants who wish to apply for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit for these events. Participants are requested to indicate their preferred CLE or CPD jurisdiction(s) when registering.
Another great reason to update your SDIPLA membership. If you are not current, please update your membership here >