The SDIPLA and The United States District Court for the Southern District of California
The 2019 Mock Markman Competition
October 30, 2019
Open to attorneys with four years or less in practice, participants will be assigned into teams of two to brief and argue the construction of four claim terms before judges of the United States District Court.
Participants will be scored on their written submissions and oral argument, with awards for team and individual performance.
- The competition is open to the first 48 attorneys to register.
- Registration due by August 14
- Team assignments and distribution of the competition materials on August 27.
- Opening briefs due on September 18.
- Responsive briefs due on October 2.
- Oral arguments will take place at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California on October 30, 2019.