- Date: February 1, 2018
- Time: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Location: Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, 3299 Holiday Court, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Presented by the Japan Patent Attorneys Association
Welcome to the “Discover IP Japan Conference 2018.” Due to its great potential for continuously growing technology and expanding markets, U.S. companies/practitioners should take note of Japan as an important country for obtaining intellectual property rights.
During this conference we will provide tips for obtaining Japanese patents, strategic enforcement of patent rights in Japan, utilizing design rights and other useful subjects. This presents a great opportunity to get the latest information on the Japanese intellectual property system directly from Japanese patent attorneys. Let’s discover the value of IP in Japan!
– Keisuke Watanabe, President, Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)
The conference is aimed at introducing and promoting Japanese IP systems, in which IP rights can be obtained easily and more effectively, to U.S. companies/practitioners. We hope that all sessions of the conference will encourage and motivate U.S. companies/practitioners to file more IP (patents, designs and trademarks) applications in Japan. We hope all attendees will find valuable and useful information throughout the conference. We look forward to seeing you all at the conference.
– Shogo Ohnishi, Director-General, International Activities Center, Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA)
Sponsors for this event are the Japan Patent Office and The SDIPLA.
- Registration deadline: January 31, 2018 (PST)
- Registration is free and space is limited.
- Continuing Legal Education: 2.5 hours of CLE credit available.