This column highlights some of the more notable recent internet notices, newsletters and blogs dealing with IP prosecution issues.
- The July 30, 2014 blog discussed the new Federal Circuit § 112(b) definiteness standard.
- On August 4, 2014, Hal discussed the pendency statistics for the USPTO.
- Hal’s August 12, 2014 post proposed a rule change regarding tolling the response period for pending petitions.
IPWatchdog – a patents and patent law blog IPWatchdog.com
Patent Docs – A Patent Blog – patendocs.typepad.com/patent_docs
- In the July 9, 2014 post, Kevin E. Noonan discusses the state of the administration’s patent policy.
- The post on July 23, 2014 discusses the recent Stewart Title Guaranty Co. v. Segin Software, LLC (PTAB, 2014) case, which is the Board’s first application of the Supreme Court’s recent Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank Int’l decision.
Patently-O – a blog written by Dennis Crouch – www.patentlyo.com.
- A July 7, 2014 guest post by Professor Shine Tu studies the rate of litigation based on the proportion of patents issued by an examiner
- In the July 14, 2014 blog, Anderson v. Kimberly-Clark Corp which addressed whether a design patent is infringed from the view of an ordinary observer
- On August 4, 2014 Professor Crouch discussed the PTAB backlog problem
USPTO – the PTO’s website – uspto.gov
- In the July 15, 2014 Official Gazette the USPTO provided changes in patent term adjustment in view of recent court opinions
- The Chisum Patent Academy holds an upcoming patent law seminar on March 5-6, 2014 (Cincinnati, Ohio). There are a possible 12 CLE credits for this seminar. More info here.
- On October 2, 2014 the law firm of McDonnell Boehnen Julbert & Berghoff LLP will present a webinar on “USPTO Guidance for Determining Subject Matter Eligibility In View of U.S. Supreme Court’s Mayo and Myriad Decisions.” Register here.
For more information about any of the patent topics mentioned consult Patent Application Practice. Trademark topics are discussed in Trademark Registration Practice. Both are published by West and updated twice a year. For litigation questions, contact Fred Douglas at 949/293-0442 or by email at email@example.com.