This column highlights some of the more notable recent internet notices, newsletters and blogs dealing with IP prosecution issues.
The Wegner Red Letter – Hal Wegner posts the Wegner’s Red Letter at the website of the Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association .
- The April 2015 Wegner Red Letter discussed in detail the USPTO’s “Glossary Initiative” along with related rules and regulations.PDF here”
Wenger’s Writings – Hal Wegner still posts discussions on patent law – View here
- The May 2, 2015 post to “Wegner’s Writings” discusses an upcoming en banc Federal Circuit case, Lexmark International, Inc. v. Impression Products, Inc., No. 2014-1617. The case may decide on the issue of international patent exhaustion. Hal wrote a paper on the topic, “Will Lexmark Introduce International Patent Exhaustion to America?” Read PDF here. C.J. Clugston also wrote a paper on the topic in the Beijing Law Review, “International Exhaustion, Parallel Imports, and the Conflict between the Patent and Copyright Laws of the United States” Read PDF here.
Patently-O – a blog written by Dennis Crouch – www.patentlyo.com.
- On April 14, 2015 Professor Crouch discussed proposed legislation, the “Grace Period Restoration Act of 2015.” In preliminary descriptions, the proposed act would partially restore the pre-AIA grace period or at least clarify the present grace period. Details here.
- The Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association (LAIPLA) is offering its Spring Seminar 2015 at the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Beach, California May 29, 2015 to May 31, 2015 More info
- The USPTO’s Glossary Pilot Program failed to attract the minimum 200 participants, requiring an extension through June 2, 2015. More info .
- The Chisum Patent Academy holds an upcoming patent law seminar on August 12-14, 2015 (Seattle, Washington). More info here.
Another seminar is in Washington, D.C. on September 24-25, 2015. More info here.
And one next year in Cincinnati, Ohio in March 2016. More info here.
There are a possible 18 CLE credits for these seminars. More info here.
For more information about any of the patent topics mentioned consult Patent Application Practice. Trademark topics are discussed in Trademark Registration Practice. Both are published by West and updated twice a year. For litigation questions, contact Fred Douglas at 949/293-0442 or by email at email@example.com.